About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients that span a wide range of industries and sectors, including public sector, financial services, healthcare and early-stage start-ups.
Our services are driven by data and inspired by insight. As a digital consultancy we identify opportunities to make the most of digital transformation. This can include design strategy consultancy, user experience, design and development, content, cloud services and digital marketing.
In a world that relies on digital innovation, Storm is helping clients transform processes and experience, re-imagine legacy business models and even entire companies.
As a test engineer you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day testing of the websites and apps we build. This role is essential to the successful delivery of our projects. We invest in our testing toolsets and methods continually, to ensure that we’re delivering the best possible outcomes for our clients. People in this role work openly, collaboratively and as part of a cross-functional team, focused on one or more projects.
You’ll have experience in functional and non-functional testing and could have some experience in test automation and want to focus more on this. You should have a good understanding of test automation fundamentals, writing simple automations, programs or scripts (maybe with guidance). If not, you can demonstrate how you’ll go about learning.
You may also have some understanding of security, accessibility, performance, cross-browser and device compatibility testing, but most importantly you are smart and have an appetite to learn and make improvements.
You'll also need to be:
- enthusiastic and motivated
- a great communicator, enjoying collaboration and asking questions
- an open-minded and creative individual
- organised and good at prioritising work
- focused, with sharp attention to detail
- passionate about what you do
What you'll do
You'll have a range of responsibilities and opportunities to learn.
- write and execute functional and non-functional tests, and debug and refactor the test code
- execute basic performance, security and accessibility tests
- analyse problems and make good decisions based on available information
- measure and report on test activity, and manage defects
- work jointly with customer support to maintain test environments and automated regression tests
- work closely with ITOps engineers and software developers to reach a common understanding of the code base and test coverage, review release scripts, and write automated tests
- collaborate with colleagues to make sure the required business scenarios are covered in the acceptance test scripts
- identify new test automation techniques and tools for review
- cultivate quality through promoting the DevOps culture and by supporting the delivery teams with testing
- use coding skills applied within a testing context
- provide testing estimates
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.