About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients spanning the public sector, healthcare and financial services
As a technical consultant you will be responsible for leading client engagements to elicit, interpret and document technical needs, providing recommendations and working with Storm ID technical leads in generation of target technical architectures.
You may have experience as a technical consultant, solution architect or developer but, above all, you will have demonstrable hands on knowledge of architecture and delivery of modern cloud native software.
- able to bridge the gap between the technical and non-technical and translate technical concepts so they are understood by clients/Storm ID colleagues within documentation, conversation and presentations.
- able to work independently to manage relationships with client stakeholders at all levels, from senior clients to development teams.
- an analytical thinker with the ability to quickly absorb new information and identify key
- passionate about improving outcomes for clients and their end users.
- enthusiastic about supporting the growth of technical consulting within Storm ID.
- able to work to tight deadlines, in a commercial consulting environment.
- open to learning from others, and offering your support when needed.
Ideally, you will also have
- experience / strong working knowledge of Microsoft web technologies and Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- experience in a technical consulting / technology professional services environment.
What you'll do
- undertake structured analysis of client technical requirements and identify issues, risks, constraints and opportunities, and provide targeted actions and technical recommendations to resolve them.
- lead in creation of technical documentation, which may include technical specifications, technology options appraisals, technology roadmaps, technical discovery reports, and technical diagrams.
- assess and research technology options available for a variety of situations and constraints with input as needed from technical leads.
- support technical leads in creation of target technical architectures by gathering technical requirements and through enabling clients to make technical decisions.
- develop a deep understanding of Storm ID development technologies and methodologies.
- develop strong understanding of client organisational challenges.
- input into pre sales activity such as proposals, meetings and statements of work.
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.