Senior project manager
- Project management
About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients that span a wide range of industries and sectors, including public sector, financial services, healthcare and early stage start-ups.
Our services are driven by data and inspired by insight. As a digital consultancy we identify opportunities to make the most of digital transformation. This can include design strategy consultancy, user experience, design and development, content, cloud services and digital marketing.
In a world that relies on digital innovation, Storm is helping clients transform processes and experience, re-imagine legacy business models and even entire companies.
As a senior project manager, you’ll be part of our project management team. As a key leader, you’ll own a number of simultaneous complex projects for Storm’s larger clients across a range of sectors.
The role will see you working with clients on large-scale and innovative websites and applications across a range of sectors. There will also be opportunities to work on different digital projects from e-commerce to mobile, social media to digital performance marketing.
With unrivalled resources to build your knowledge, and the opportunity to grow and develop your digital career, you will join a team who have a sense of how ideas and innovation can drive our clients' businesses forward.
As a senior project manager you should have experience of managing large scale digital transformation projects, in a complex delivery environment – and a track record of success. You have a keen eye for detail and an aptitude for getting things not just done but documented. You're a forward-looking problem solver with a strong work ethic, positive outlook and an assertive yet approachable manner.
You’ll also be:
- passionate about digital
- able to demonstrate experience in an IT industry project management role, preferably in digital consultancy servicing larger clients
- detail focused, a proactive planner and tracker of results
- an excellent communicator, adept at influencing stakeholders both internal and external
- adaptable and empathetic
- comfortable managing and co-ordinating a number of complex projects simultaneously
- an effective leader, willing to knowledge share and support development of PMO team members
- aware of organisational context, with sound commercial judgement
What you'll do
You'll have a wide range of responsibilities. Here are some examples to give you a flavour of what you'll do:
- effective planning, organising and supervising of project delivery
- build effective relationships internally and externally; manage the relationship between the project teams of Storm ID and clients to ensure effective management of the scope while generating positive feedback of the experience
- provide updates on project progress, budgets and quality against KPIs
- work with the projects director and production manager to identify potential resource conflicts and propose resolutions
- develop, implement and continually improve effective PMO procedures to control project delivery, risk and finances, in consultation with the PMO team and in alignment with the overall Storm ID strategy and policies
- ensure that all projects are completed according to time, cost, quality constraints and contractual requirements
- anticipate and resolve problems; demonstrate contingency planning capabilities
- effective mentoring of project managers consistent with them achieving their KPIs and targets
- improvement of Storm ID’s project delivery processes, demonstrated by reduced resource conflicts and an increased number of projects delivered on time and within budget
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.