Senior .NET developer
- Web development
About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients spanning the public sector, healthcare, financial services and early stage start-ups.
In a world that’s more reliant than ever on digital, we help our clients transform processes and experiences, re-imagine their business models and even entire companies.
As a Senior developer at Storm ID, you'll be part of our technical team with various options for hybrid and remote working, getting involved in a variety of projects and working collaboratively within our diverse project teams. You'll take the lead on the technical analysis of project requirements, defining solution architecture, and building well tested applications to high standards of quality.
You will have at least four years' experience in web development. You are looking to continue to be challenged with collaborative work that makes a real difference. You'll have deep and varied knowledge of the architecture and development of applications built using Microsoft .NET.
You'll also need to be:
- enthusiastic and motivated, with an appetite for learning
- a great communicator and natural collaborator
- unafraid to ask questions
- adept at solving conceptual problems
- organised and good at prioritising work
- focused, with sharp attention to detail
- passionate about improving outcomes for clients and the end user
One more thing – research indicates that marginalised groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. We also know that developers come from many backgrounds. We value people who bring unique perspectives and new knowledge to our team. If you believe you're qualified, but don't "check all the boxes", please submit an application.
What you'll do
You'll have a wide range of responsibilities. The projects you'll be involved in will require you to apply your expertise in many different ways. Here are some examples to give you a flavour of what you'll do:
- work with the other members of a project team to define the scope of a project with a consistent and reflective approach to estimation.
- deliver maintainable applications with a mature approach to the intent and structure of the code, taking into account a range of potential design patterns.
- build a range of integrations with other systems to serve a variety of project needs, taking responsibility for the quality of code you produce. including:
- code to provide and consume RESTful APIs
- queuing, pub/sub and other event-driven architectural components
- implement reusable components and APIs for purposes of integration, performance optimisation, security, and scalability.
- debug and diagnose complex issues with production applications
- research and share knowledge of tools, processes, and techniques with your wider team, both developers and non-developers.
- act as a digital ambassador for Storm, supporting recruitment, identifying good practices to adopt, sharing experiences through blog posts, and technical talks at conferences.
- participate in our in-house (2nd line) support of applications you and others have built.
- use our continuous build and deployment pipeline to rapidly deliver code during project development and when participating in support.
- write automated tests to be executed within our continuous build and deployment pipeline.
- appraise new technologies and techniques and share findings with the rest of the technical team and the wider company.
- help to recruit other talented developers, reviewing applications, and taking part in interviews.
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.