Senior digital consultant
About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients spanning the public sector, healthcare and financial services
As a senior digital consultant, you will be responsible for working closely with clients within strategy, discovery and delivery phases, to help identify and shape deliverables.
The role is highly varied with the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects. This may include designing new digital products, shaping end-to-end services, and delivering complex digital transformation.
You may have experience as a consultant, product owner or business analyst but, above all, you will have demonstrable hands on experience of working within discovery and digital transformation projects.
- an analytical thinker with the ability to quickly absorb new information and identify key issues.
- adept at applying critical thinking to translate business and user requirements into practical digital solutions.
- able to work independently to understand client requirements and choose a course of action appropriately.
- able to communicate effectively – in person and in writing – with senior level clients and colleagues, bringing people together on projects while tackling conflicting requirements.
- open to learning from others, and offering your support when needed.
It is also desirable if you have:
- experience within complex digital transformation programmes for public sector or healthcare.
- experience or exposure to broader business consultancy techniques such as target operating model design or organisational design.
What you'll do
You’ll have a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities to learn. Core responsibilities will include:
- working on digital strategies to help clients define digital roadmaps.
- using a variety of analysis techniques to understand business domains and elicit requirements, including running stakeholder workshops and interviews.
- documentation of requirements to help reduce ambiguity and communicate complex issues in a clear simple manner. This may include producing software/business requirements, product backlogs, 'as is' states and processes and desired ‘to be’ future states.
- acting in a product owner role if required on projects. This may include creating product roadmaps, contributing to scope definition, prioritising functional requirements and proactively engaging with stakeholders to understand and address challenges throughout the project.
You’ll collaborate closely alongside colleagues (including user research, content design, interface design, technical, and project management) and clients in multi-disciplinary teams.
Storm ID staff are working fully remotely for the moment in accordance with Scottish Government advice. You will be provided with a laptop and any other tools you need to enable you to interact with clients and colleagues. You’ll be supported by an active and engaged Storm community on Slack and Teams.
You’ll be able to meet key members of each team through an online induction programme and the wider team through virtual coffees/donuts.
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.