Head of Projects
- Project management
About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy, with clients spanning the public sector, healthcare and financial services.
As the Head of Projects, you will be responsible for managing the Project Management team and heading up the delivery of business-critical projects, setting the standard for project management within Storm ID.
The role is the opportunity to manage a talented, well-established team in Storm ID and to be involved in the delivery of projects and digital transformation programmes.
You have experience managing complex digital projects end-to-end for a range of clients.
You are skilled in several methods of project delivery, with a passion for adopting Agile practices when working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- able to manage, develop and nurture a team of Project Managers to deliver the full stack of Storm ID projects
- a strategic thinker, who can feed into the development of new business and company strategy
- an experienced project manager, capable of managing and delivering large, complex digital projects
- skilled in project planning, RAID management, client comms, team management, and good practice software development processes
- adept in several methods of project delivery, including agile and waterfall
- experienced in maintaining positive and profitable relationships with external clients
- able to establish strong working relationships with all Storm ID departments
It is also desirable if you have:
- experience within digital transformation programmes within the public sector or healthcare
- experience line managing a team of individuals at varying levels of experience
What you'll do
You’ll have a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities to learn. Core responsibilities will include:
- line managing a group of well established, highly capable Project Managers
- mentoring the Project Managers to improve their project delivery capabilities
- managing one or more business critical projects or programmes
- develop, implement and continually improve effective processes for project delivery
- effectively allocate projects to the Project Management team
- working with the Production Manager to ensure throughput and utilisation
- feeding into the development of proposals for new and existing clients
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.