About the role
Your previous experience will include working daily with disparate data sources, ingesting, transforming and processing data streams into actionable insights for direct use or for onward processing.
You will have a proven track record of delivery and a strong passion for adherence to best practices in the data engineering discipline. You will be passionate about data in all its forms and see the value in transforming data into actionable insights.
You will also need to be:
- enthusiastic and motivated, with a desire for constant learning
- a great communicator and natural collaborator
- intrigued by the potential of digital health solutions
- willing to offer an opinion or critique in a constructive manner
- be excited by the challenge and opportunity to positively improve the lives of others living with long term medical condition
What you'll do
Working in a growing start-up your responsibilities will encompass all aspects of data use within our platform, working closely with our CTO and lending your experience to the implementation of data driven solutions. You will
- assist with the design and implementation of data processing and transformation solutions alongside members of the product, development and data science teams.
- bring your knowledge and experience of Azure data processing services to our platform, this will include some of the following: Data factory, Data Share, Databricks, Event hubs and Stream analytics to build data ingestion and processing pipelines that deal with highly confidential health data securely and efficiently
- advise and assist with the design of data storage solutions to meet objectives of platform and service components.
- implement data solutions using a range of Azure cloud data services such as Azure storage (data lake),Cosmos DB and Azure SQL (inc. Synapse)
- work with members of the Data science team, supporting and building data processing pipelines that provide customised, anonymised data to machine learning models for both scheduled and real time predictions
- process data from machine learning models to enrich existing health data with actionable insights that patients and clinicians can use in the ongoing management of conditions Knowledge of any of the following would be a bonus:
- experience building CI/CD pipelines (DataOps) for data processing solutions and integrating DevOps practices into your daily work
- experience working with source control systems such as Git
- awareness and/or experience of languages such as Python or .NET (C#)
- knowledge and experience building and deploying application solutions to Azure based on PaaS services such as Azure App Service and Azure Functions