About the role
Storm ID is an award-winning digital transformation consultancy. Our clients span the public sector, healthcare, financial services and arts and culture.
As a senior content designer, you’ll champion user-centred design and be a strong advocate for UX best practice. You’ll collaborate with research, design and technical colleagues to deliver end-to-end digital products and services.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team working on a wide range of projects.
You should have at least 2 years' experience working as a content design or UX professional.
You're a natural collaborator and problem-solver with a confident yet approachable manner. You’re comfortable working at pace and juggling multiple projects.
You’ll ideally have:
- digital agency, consultancy or public sector experience
- a solid understanding of Government Digital Service (GDS) and accessibility standards
- strong written English skills
You’ll also need to be:
- a great communicator
- unafraid to ask questions
- a 'big picture' (lateral) thinker
- passionate about improving outcomes for clients and their users
One more thing – research indicates that marginalised groups of people may not apply for jobs unless they meet 100% of the qualifications. We also know that content designers come from many backgrounds. We value people who bring unique perspectives and new knowledge to our team. If you believe you're qualified, but don't "check all the boxes", please submit an application.
What you'll do
As a content designer at Storm, you’ll be involved in a variety of projects and apply your expertise in different ways. You will:
- take responsibility for content quality and mentoring other content designers
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments
- provide input into project plans and proposals
- help set and maintain professional standards for the team
- maintain an awareness of content design best practice and trends
- promote the value of user-centred content design to clients and stakeholders
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- conducting content audits and usability reviews
- planning and facilitating workshops
- creating and testing information architectures
- defining content models and taxonomies
- sketching and wireframing to help communicate your ideas
- supporting clients with content strategy, creation and governance
- working with user researchers to conduct research and testing
- working with designers to create and iterate prototypes
- working with developers to define CMS structures
From day one
At least 33 days' holiday
You'll get 29 days' annual leave and 4 public holidays. Once you've worked here for 5 years, you'll get an extra day for every year you work up to 10 years. So you could end up with 38 days' holiday.
After 3 months
Holiday purchase scheme
We value a healthy work-life balance so we offer a holiday purchase scheme. This means you can buy up to 5 extra days of annual leave a year.
At Storm we use computers a lot for our work, so you'll be entitled to free eye tests and help with the cost of glasses if you need them.
We'll automatically enrol you in our workplace pension scheme so we can start saving together.
You'll get 12 days a year to explore and develop your own ideas. This is an opportunity to innovate, experiment and collaborate outside of mainstream projects.
Digital changes fast. That's why, wherever possible, we provide financial support for you to undertake relevant qualifications or training programmes.
After 1 year
Cycle to work scheme
We've partnered with the Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op to offer you the cycle to work scheme. To keep you fresh and your bike secure, we have a shower and bike parking at the office.
Performance related reward scheme
Our performance related reward scheme means that, assuming you've performed well, we'll give you an annual share of the profits via a one-off reward payment.
Private health insurance
Your health should always come first. That's why, as well as free fruit and massages, we offer you private health insurance.
At Storm we believe in equal opportunities.
We know that a diverse workforce brings with it diverse ways of thinking, fresh perspectives, and new approaches to solving problems — benefitting our employees and our clients. Storm is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone.