About the role
You will have experience working as an HR manager or in a similar role in a fast-paced environment. You're a forward-looking problem solver with a strong work ethic, positive outlook, and a confident yet approachable manner.
- able to work independently as the face of HR for Storm
- organised, good at prioritising work and able to adapt to change quickly
- able to communicate effectively with colleagues from all levels in the business
- empathetic and seen as a trusted resource whom employees can turn to with any questions
- discrete, ethical, and capable of handling sensitive information
- CIPD or similar HR qualification
- Experience in learning and development and/or a related qualification
What you'll do
You’ll have a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities to learn. Core responsibilities will include:
- acting as a trusted advisor to managers and directors on all employee and employment related matters
- managing complex employee relations casework
- implementing learning and development policies and strategies
- managing and providing first line advice on benefits
- processing payroll and keeping accounts appraised of any changes
- continuously monitoring and reviewing HR policies and processes, and implementing changes where necessary
- supporting change management processes
- preparing employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter packs, or leavers
- overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- applying and monitoring training programs and organising training on behalf of employees
- keeping up to date with HR trends, best practice and employment law
Storm ID staff are working fully remotely for the moment in accordance with Scottish Government advice. You will be provided with a laptop and any other tools you need to enable you to interact with colleagues. You’ll be supported by an active and engaged Storm community on Slack and Teams.
You’ll be able to meet key members of each team through an online induction programme and the wider team through virtual coffees/donuts. In more normal circumstances you’ll be working from our lovely offices in Leith.