About the role
You might currently be a business analyst, product owner/manager or consultant. Whatever your current job title, you will be a people-centred problem solver who is focused on supporting clients to tackle their biggest challenges by thinking and acting digitally. You'll be:
- able to apply critical thinking to business situations in order to establish genuine understanding and produce practical, solution-focused outcomes.
- able to communicate effectively – in person and in writing – with clients and colleagues, bringing people together on projects while tackling conflicting requirements.
- a resourceful pragmatist who excels at devising solutions to business and project challenges. You will be open to learning from others, and offering your support when needed.
- highly organised, planning and managing complex projects autonomously. Your workshops will enthuse people and your outputs will be thoughtful and authoritative.
- customer focused and able to build strong, empathetic relationships with clients of all skill and knowledge levels. You will be comfortable acting as a trusted adviser.
You'll have practical experience of designing, shaping and delivering digital projects in the context of business change, digital transformation and technology rationalisation.
You’ll have a strong grounding in user-centred design and experience with agile project management methodology. You'll have a deep understanding of digital technology and be familiar with technology trends.
What you'll do
You'll have a wide range of responsibilities. Here are some examples to give you a flavour of what you'll do:
- analysing and interpreting business, user, and technical needs
- researching and writing software specifications and product backlogs
- translating requirements into practical digital projects and programmes
- planning digital discovery, service design and delivery projects
- preparing and leading workshops, interviews and meetings
- identifying and capturing client requirements
- introducing new processes (such as service design) and technologies (like machine learning) to clients
- acting in a product ownership and product management capacity as necessary
- writing proposals, options papers, reports and roadmaps
- advising clients around digital strategy and delivery
- collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams