About the role
As a graduate developer at Storm, you'll be part of our technical graduate programme. The programme lasts a year and will expose you to a wide variety of programming languages and development practices. You'll work on many different and exciting projects to help you decide which specialism is right for you.
When you first start at Storm we'll help you to define a ‘playground’ project based on something that interests you. This will give you a place to focus your learning and see tangible progress. You'll use your playground project to consolidate what you learn on small production tasks. When you're ready, you'll gradually move onto being fully involved and embedded in our project teams.
On completion of the programme you’ll get to choose which path you want to take. You'll then join that team and continue building your skills and knowledge in that area as you help to deliver our world-class solutions.
What you'll cover
Our programme covers a pretty impressive range of technologies and topics. Here are some examples to give you a flavour of what you'll do as a graduate developer at Storm.
- build web applications using the Umbraco CMS platform
- build bespoke web applications using .Net Core and .Net Framework
- develop and use APIs and toolkits
- build web applications using the SharePoint platform
- learn about our continuous build and deployment environment
- learn about architecture principles and development best practice
Web Operations (WebOps)
- learn about how we support and monitor our clients' web applications
- learn about how we host web applications using Azure and AWS
- learn about how analytics integrates with development
- learn about how under-performing code can affect SEO
User experience and design
- learn about how UX affects development
- learn about design patterns and integrating design into your applications